Although very old, this cross is not one of the ancient high crosses of Ireland. It does, however, echo the shape and design of those magnificent ancient monuments. The Harp Cross is located among the ruins of the Quinn Friary and is approximately 11 feet high. Quinn was founded as a Franciscan Friary in 1433. It was built in the ruins of a much older Anglo-Norman castle. In 1541 Henry VIII dissolved the friary in his campaign to control the wealth and power of the Church.