The History Of The Irish Gift Shop
Patricia and Joe Maher opened the Irish Gift Shop in 1984 near the present location of the Columbia Restaurant. The store measured 10 x 12. Patricia jokes that the store was so small that “when people came in she would have to go out!”
Within two years the Maher’s expand into a 3,000 sq ft building at139 St. George Street at the corner of Treasury. Joe Maher was one of the founding members of the Hibernia Regiment, a group of Historical Re-enactors that celebrate the 400 year old Celtic Heritage of St. Augustine. The store flourished for many years and in 2001 the Mahers decided to retire and sold the business to David & Jan Perkins from Dublin Ireland.
The store moved to the Heritage Walk in 2009 and in 2016 was finally relocated to 26 Cuna Street under the proprietorship of Grace Reed and Linda Campbell. If you come on the right day, you may get homemade Irish Soda Bread and Tea. If nothing else, you’ll get a warm welcome.
Please note the following information regarding order processing, shipping times, and refunds and returns.
- Shipping Information: Within 1 business day of receipt of the order, the customer will receive an email confirming the order with an estimated time of delivery.
- Refund and Returns: All sales are final. Claims for defective or damaged merchandise must be received within 15 days . Within 15 days, exchanges can be made for clothing that is the wrong size. Product must be returned in unused, saleable condition. Prior approval must be granted and shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer.
It’s very important to us here at The Irish Gift Shop, that your shopping experience is an enjoyable and satisfying one. Please note the following in regards to safeguarding your information.
- Personal Info: We will never sell or share your personal information including but not limited to your phone number, address and email.
- Links: This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
- Protection: We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.